Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer begins

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while; I've been a bit busy lately (my cousin just graduated from college and I've been traveling a lot). But now I'm out in California and my internship will be starting soon, either Wednesday or Thursday. When I last spoke to Yabette (isn't that just the coolest name?), the owner of Swankety Swank, we'd thought I would be just assisting in the store and so on and then perhaps coming in on production days. I'm hoping I get to do several production days because I might just get to help with sewing, which would be awesome.

On another note, I want to share with everyone the website My Parents Were Awesome. It's full of these great old photos people have submitted of their parents, taken with polaroids and other non-digital cameras. The idea behind the site is that digital cameras have sort of ruined family photos and the memories they create. I know, I know, it sounds annoyingly hipster/everything about the past is better than now. But think about it. Old photos are always so much more interesting than photos now, and that's probably because you had to get them developed, or they printed out right away, and you couldn't just delete them like we do now whenever we don't look absolutely perfect in a photo. And so they ended up with way cooler photos than we'll ever have. But at least we can still ogle theirs, right? :)

1 comment: